Ocean Park Illumination Night
August 3 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
The annual Ocean Park community festival of lights, music, and food, which celebrates the family-friendly spirit that makes Ocean Park a special place. Illumination Night is a collage of the activities and experiences that make up a summer in Ocean Park.
- 6:30 pm Fun begins in the Square with a Strawberry Shortcake Festival in front of Jakeman Hall.
- 6:30 to 7:30 pm Concert by the Ocean Park Band in the Square in front of Jakeman Hall.
- 8:00 pm The annual “walk about” from street to street and onto the beach. View the lighted cottages, experience the sights and sounds, and chat with fellow strollers.
- 8:00 pm PorchFest! Be sure to stop by 13 Oceana Avenue during your walk and enjoy old favorites sung and played by Jerry Scheinfeldt, Music Director, and family from his porch.
- 9:00 pm The Dunlap Highland Band in the Square in front of Jakeman Hall. We welcome back this 20-member band of pipers and drummers who play to large and enthusiastic audiences every Illumination Night. Under the direction of Pipe Major George Pulkkinen and Drum Major Dan Bernardini, the band has both adult and youth members. The performance, in the Square in front of Jakeman Hall, will begin after the light viewing. (Concert held in The Temple in the event of rain.)